English Learners (EL) Program
Nancy Rieth, District Coordinator
It is widely known that English learners (EL) take between four to six years to catch up to the academic English language proficiency of a native speaker. Students who enroll in the Grosse Pointe Public School System with limited or no English language skills will receive, at every grade level, the support needed to succeed. The goal for all EL students in Grosse Pointe Public School System is to become successful in the classroom by participating in regular academic and social activities with the guidance of the ESL staff. This is done either in small groups or by individual instruction both inside and outside the classroom.
Wayne County Information
- EL Adult Education English Classes 2021-22
Multilingual Resources About COVID-19
Grosse Pointe Public School System EL Information
- PARENT PRESENTATION OCTOBER 2021
- An app to help with monitoring student device time: OurPact App for Phones.
- Middle & High School Program
- Steps to Enroll Your Child in EL
- Levels of English Language Proficiency
- Parent Resources
- Teaching Tolerance magazine: How Much Do You Know about The Rights of English Language Learners? (If you want a translated version, first translate this page, then click on the article).
- ESL High School Course Listing and Career Technical Education Courses (If you want a translated version, first translate this page, then click on the article).