Executive Director, PreK-12 Teaching and Learning
Dr. Chris Stanley
Executive Director, Learning Technology and Strategic Relations
Dr. Kevin Kurkowski
Information Services Supervisor
Grosse Pointe Public School System (GPPSS) strives for continuous improvement, collaboration, and continuity across the district.
One Inclusive Community Learning Together.
Cultivating Educational Excellence By: Empowering Students, Valuing Diversity, Inspiring Curiosity, and Pushing Possibilities.
GPPSS aims to empower all learners to reach their unique potential:
- Providing opportunities for students to acquire attitudes, values, knowledge, and skills for becoming contributing members of society.
- High expectations for student and staff performance
- Thoughtfully aligned practices to ensure a rigorous and relevant curriculum from preschool through graduation.
- The curriculum is innovative, evolving, and responsive to the rapidly changing world.
- Differentiated and culturally responsive instructional approaches based on best practices and research.
- High expectations for student and staff performance.
- Curriculum modifications are driven by data obtained from district assessments.
- Flexibility, innovation, and individual teaching styles enhance learning experiences.
- It’s a broad-based approach to meet the needs of all students at all levels.
Together, we strive to create a dynamic educational community where every learner can thrive and succeed.
The mission of the Educational Programs Leadership Council (EPLC) is to provide a continuous review of educational experiences, curriculum, instruction, student assessment results, and program evaluation, guided by the district strategic plan, to ensure all learners are empowered to reach their unique potential.