Rising Freshman Schedule Process for Private/Parochial Students 2021-2022
- Review our GPPSS high school Program of Studies.
- You may want to sketch out ideas for a four-year plan. Open this document. Select "file" and make a copy to edit your plan.
- The Freshman Course Selection Sheet is a great place to see only those courses available to 9th-grade students. At the bottom of this form is a place to write class choices
- Check out the Rising Freshmen Course Presentation and Rising Freshmen Video on this page.
- Enroll with the GPPSS
- Make an appointment with the South Counselor your student is likely to be assigned. Counselors are divided by student's last name. Click on the counselor's name to make an appointment.
- Once you have enrolled in the district, Counselors will input your course selections. You will be sent a confirmation email in the spring reminding you of the courses you selected for next fall.
Rising Sophomores through Seniors
February 3-10: Students meet with current teachers to get course recommendations and together with their families select courses for next year. Parents should electronically sign their approval on the Course Selection Google Doc that their student shares with them.
March 2-12: Counselors will meet with students in their English Class to input their course selections and complete their Educational Development Plan (Career Assessments) on Naviance
April/May: Administration will mail home a letter reminding parents of the courses their student registered for and offer the opportunity to change for any reason. Once the deadline for changes has passed there will be no more schedule changes.
May/June: Counselors will work to create a schedule for students that meets all core academic requests and as many elective requests as possible.
August: Students will receive their scheduleSchedule ChangesSchedule changes will be approved only for the following reasons:
Student has taken a summer school class that negates the need for a scheduled fall class or failed a class in the spring that needs to be rescheduled for fall.
Schedule errors due to computer errors. For example: Student has been scheduled into two tutorials in the same semester or two semester English classes in the same semester
Balancing classes to facilitate and improve student-to-teacher ratios
We will not be able to accommodate requests for class period changes, teacher changes, lunch hour changes, or additions to classes that are closed.