Archived Counseling Center Presentations
- Freshman Transition to GP South - August 21, 2019 part of Parent Orientation Presentation
- Freshmen Foundations for College Freshman Parent & Student presentation for college readiness
- Freshmen Success: Aligning your Goals and Your GPA
- Freshmen Suicide Prevention Presentation - December 3, 2019
- Naviance Parent Registration Video - Learn how to log in to Naviance Family Connect as a parent
- Sophomore Explore! College Presentation October 30, 2014 Presentation
- Senior Group Counseling Meeting Slide Show(College Application Process) September 11, 2020 Presentation
- Senior Group Meeting Presentation- September 11, 2020 video
- Junior Student/Parent College Presentation October 1, 2020 Slide Deck Presentation
- Junior Student/Parent College Meeting Video October 1, 2020
- Handouts are available on the Naviance Family Connection in "Document Library"
- Financial Aid 101 Presented by Skip Zabel, Associate Director of Student Financial Services, Albion College
Planning for Life After High School Video Chat Series (Junior Meeting info)
College Prep Timeline - Tuesday, April 21 (click link to watch recorded chat)
Standardized Tests and the impact of COVID-19 - Thursday April 23 (click link to watch recorded chat)
- The College Board SAT Registration
- Khan Academy SAT practice - free and able to connect your accounts
- ACT Test Registration
- ACT Test Prep (Kaplan Live Sessions, ACT Academy and even Alexa ;-)
- Video Podcast: College Admission Test during Coronavirus
- Colleges and Universities temporarily waiving standardized test requirements
Searching for a College Match - Tuesday April 28 @10:00 (Click to watch recorded chat) sceen sharing begins about 5 minutes in. Please be patient - I am definitely no videographer ;-)
NAVIANCE https://student.naviance.com/gpshs Use GPPS Student’s ID#/Password to log in. This has many resources to explore a student’s talents, interests and careers; Road Trip Nation etc, career resources. It also can help a student search for colleges and compare themselves to other students in their school regarding admissions
College Board Big Future www.collegeboard.org Big Future - The College Board (SAT) test prep/college/scholarship research tool
- COLLEGE XPRESS www.collegexpress.com A fun search tool that has options to explore colleges, ranking, financial aid, scholarships, and interests. The website is user friendly and has a lot of information!
- MY COLLEGE OPTIONS www.mycollegeoptions.org This website offers career, college and testing information. You can “live blog” questions and get some answers to your questions. The search tools are easy to use and you can explore colleges and compare programs.
COLLEGES THAT CHANGE LIVES https://ctcl.org/ Educates about the accessibility of a quality college beyond the common schools that you probably have heard about and helps students find a best-fit college that develops a lifelong love of learning.
- COLLEGE NAVIGATOR https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/ College Navigator government college search that includes information on retention rates, average cost, and completion rates, and information on how to pay loans back.
- Cappex https://www.cappex.com/ College Search, Scholarship Search
- College Lists Wiki
- Unusual Majors
How to Search for Trades and Military Options - Thursday April 30 @10:00 (Click to watch recorded chat)
- PowerPoint Slides used in the presentation
- Today's Military - Great Resource for All Things US Military
- WCRESA Career Planning Tips and Tools for students - This is a wonderful resource link map for career info
- Michigan Talent Connect - Job opportunities, skilled trades opportnities, career exploration
- Apprenticeships Info and resources
- Wayne Country RESA Workforce Development
- Career One Stop Toolkit for finding gowing/declining careers, wages, training, skills matcher...
Understanding Different Sources of Financial Aid - Tuesday May 5 @10:00 (Click to watch recorded chat)
- PowerPoint slide show used in the presentation. Access liks within this document
- FAFSA ChatBot 24/7 support from a virtual assistant to help with financial aid questions
Virtual College Touring - Thursday May 7 @10:00
- National Association of College Admissions Counseling (NACAC) College Admissions Status Update provides information from more than 1,000 colleges and universities on changes to admissions processes resulting from the pandemic. The tool lets students get an overview of resources available at each institution, including links to virtual tours offered.
- Strive Virtual College Exploration Students get advice on how to write a college essay, apply for financial aid, and the chance to ask questions to officials from more than 450 colleges from 45 states and 13 countries. All sessions are taped, allowing students to download them.
- Campus Tours offers tours of more than 1,800 schools in the United States as well as tours of schools in the United Kingdom, Canada, China and France. Its advanced search feature allows students to fine-tune details they are searching for, such as how much tuition they want to pay.
- YouVisit offers tours of more than 600 U.S. schools. The tours offer prompts that pop up asking students for input that is sent to college officials to respond, an attempt to replicate the questions and answers that come up during in-person tours. YouVisit also offers students to tour using “virtual reality” tools.
- YoUniversity Students can click on tabs such as “safest campuses,” “most diverse campuses” and “top academic colleges,” as well as “best campus food” and “coolest dorms.”
- CampusReel Students enrolled at colleges can upload their videos to this site for sharing, after being vetted. Students or parents must register to join.
- Gap Year Association offers videos on what it means to take a gap year and is building a new student membership platform — a nominal fee will be required to join — that will give students access to weekly calls to learn about gap year opportunities
Submitting Your College Applications - Tuesday May 12
- Live Q & A -Thursday May 14