Archived Counseling Center Presentations
- Freshman Transition to GP South - part of Parent Orientation Presentation
- Freshmen Foundations for College Freshman Parent & Student presentation for college readiness
- Freshmen Success: Aligning your Goals and Your GPA
- Senior Group Counseling Meeting: The College Application Process Slide Deck) September 18, 2023 Slide Deck Presentation
- Senior Presentation: The College Application Process Video - September 12, 2022
- Junior Student/Parent College Presentation September 19, 2023 Slide Deck Presentation
- Junior Parent College Meeting VideoSeptember 19, 2022
- Financial Aid 101 Presented by Skip Zabel, Associate Director of Student Financial Services, Albion College
Planning for Life After High School (Junior Meeting info)
Standardized Test Info
- The College Board SAT Registration
- SAT Digital Blue Book - to practice the new Digital PSAT and SAT online
- Khan Academy SAT practice - free and able to connect to your accounts
- ACT Test Registration
- ACT Test Prep (Kaplan Live Sessions, ACT Academy, and even Alexa ;-)
- Test Optional and Test Free Colleges
NAVIANCE https://student.naviance.com/gpshs Use GPPS Student’s ID#/Password to log in. This has many resources to explore a student’s talents, interests, and careers; Road Trip Nation etc, career resources. It can also help a student search for colleges and compare themselves to other students in their school regarding admissions.
College Board Big Future www.collegeboard.org Big Future - The College Board (SAT) test prep/college/scholarship research tool
- COLLEGE XPRESS www.collegexpress.com A fun search tool with options to explore colleges, ranking, financial aid, scholarships, and interests. The website is user-friendly and has a lot of information!
- MY COLLEGE OPTIONS www.mycollegeoptions.org This website offers career, college, and testing information. You can “live blog” questions and get some answers to your questions. The search tools are easy to use; you can explore colleges and compare programs.
COLLEGES THAT CHANGE LIVES https://ctcl.org/ Educates about the accessibility of a quality college beyond the common schools that you probably have heard about and helps students find a best-fit college that develops a lifelong love of learning.
- COLLEGE NAVIGATOR https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/ College Navigator government college search that includes information on retention rates, average cost, completion rates, and information on how to pay loans back.
- Cappex https://www.cappex.com/ College Search, Scholarship Search
- College Lists Wiki
- Unusual Majors
Military & Trades Info
- PowerPoint Slides used in the presentation
- Today's Military - Great Resource for All Things US Military
- WCRESA Career Planning Tips and Tools for Students - This is a wonderful resource link map for career info
- Michigan Talent Connect - Job opportunities, skilled trades opportunities, career exploration
- Apprenticeships Info and resources
- Wayne Country RESA Workforce Development
- Career One Stop Toolkit for finding growing/declining careers, wages, training, skills matcher...
- Understanding Different Sources of Financial Aid slide deck. Access links within this document
- FAFSA Virtual Chatbot 24/7 support from a virtual assistant to help with financial aid questions
Virtual College Touring
- National Association of College Admissions Counseling (NACAC) College Admissions Status Update provides information from more than 1,000 colleges and universities on changes to admissions processes resulting from the pandemic. The tool lets students get an overview of resources available at each institution, including links to virtual tours offered.
- Strive Virtual College Exploration Students get advice on how to write a college essay, apply for financial aid, and the chance to ask questions to officials from more than 450 colleges from 45 states and 13 countries. All sessions are taped, allowing students to download them.
- Campus Tours offers tours of more than 1,800 schools in the United States as well as tours of schools in the United Kingdom, Canada, China and France. Its advanced search feature allows students to fine-tune details they are searching for, such as how much tuition they want to pay.
- YouVisit offers tours of more than 600 U.S. schools. The tours offer prompts that pop up asking students for input that is sent to college officials to respond, an attempt to replicate the questions and answers that come up during in-person tours. YouVisit also offers students to tour using “virtual reality” tools.
- YoUniversity Students can click on tabs such as “safest campuses,” “most diverse campuses” and “top academic colleges,” as well as “best campus food” and “coolest dorms.”
- CampusReel College students can upload their videos to this site for sharing after being vetted. Students or parents must register to join.
- Gap Year Association offers videos on what it means to take a gap year and is building a new student membership platform — a nominal fee will be required to join — giving students access to weekly calls to learn about gap year opportunities.