Welcome Parents!The mission of the Parcells Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is to fund student academic enrichment, after school clubs/activities, school improvements not covered by the bond and student events through fundraising and volunteers. We improve communication between the school, parents and students by publishing yearly PTO student directory. We also help insure every ill child is well cared for by scheduling parent volunteers at the school clinic each day.
We raise funds via annual dues, our annual Holiday bazaar, the Kroger Community Rewards program and through several resturant fundraisers throughout the school year. Most parents join the PTO during August registration but you can join any time. Annual dues are $15 per family and include one directory. Additional directories can be purchased for $5 each.
You can join the PTO by going to the "Donate" section of the website.
You can contact the PTO board at email@example.comFor the past five years, the PTO has donated $15,000 each year to the school. The donation is made in January after the Holiday Bazaar. The Principal and School Administration utilize the funds for after school clubs and activities as well as for special items identified by the Principal and teachers. For the 2018-2019 school year these funds will be utilized to purchase fun and unique library furniture (not covered by the bond) to support and enhance student collaboration.
Other examples of how these funds are utilized by the school:
- Awards and trophies for 6th/7th grade honors night
- Awards for the 8th grade promotion ceremony as well as the two Fred Adams awards and the Brian Aulph Attitude and Effort award.
- After school clubs and activities
- Scholastic books purchased for the teachers to read in the classrooms
- Membership fees for the Michigan School Band & Orchestra Association (MSBOA)
- MSBOA festival registration and busses
- Membership fees for the Michigan School Vocal Music Association (MSVMA)
- MSVMA festival registration and busses
- Entry fee and student shirts for the Science Olympiad
All parents are invited to attend monthly PTO meetings which are held at 7:00 p.m. in the Parcells library on the 3rd Monday of the month.
Other PTO Sponsored Events:
- 6th grade welcome party in September
- Staff Appreciation luncheons during Fall and Spring parent teacher conferences
- Staff appreciation gifts during Spring parent teacher conferences
- 8th grade end of school year party
- 8th grade Washington DC $1000 scholarship for one student
- Summer Band/Music $175 scholarships for two students