1) Author/Creator. Not available? Skip to #2.
2) Title of image in quotation marks. Not available? Image doesn’t have a title? Create brief descriptive title. (Photograph of horse running. Drawing of brain.) Do not put in quotations if you create the title.
3) Media of the image (Chart,Diagram,Graph, Illustration, Map, Photograph, Cartoon)
4) Date of image. Not available? n.d.
5) Title of where the image is located. Title of web page or title of article found in database.
6) Website/database name of where image is located in italics.
7) Medium of publication. If online – Web. If in paper, Print.
8) If Web, then end with day of access, month and year. 01 Jan. 2014.
9) Always end with a period. There is no retrieval URL in 7th edition MLA unless requested by teacher.