From: Cindy Pangborn <email@example.com>
Date: November 21, 2015 at 7:14:04 PM EST
To: "Niehaus, Gary" <Gary.Niehaus@gpschools.org>
Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "Brian Summerfield" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Dan Roeske <email@example.com>, Judy Gafa <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Lois Valente <email@example.com>, Margaret Weertz <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Admin All <AdminAll@gpschools.org>
Subject: Re: Flu Mist
What schools are participating? Many parents do not know if it is at the schools their children attend.
Sent from my iPad
On Nov 21, 2015, at 5:00 PM, "Niehaus, Gary" <Gary.Niehaus@gpschools.org> wrote:
Dear Board Members,
I received a phone call from Ahmed Ismail and an email from Ahmed and Cindy Pangborn about the Flu Mist. Both emails detailed the Facebook activity that was beginning to surface. It is probably better to get everyone informed today rather than tomorrow's weekly bulletin.
After Healthy Heroes offered the first Flu Mist, we had approximately 300 students that requested the Flu Mist. After Healthy Heroes cancelled the first date, they planned to get the Flu Mist and come back. We talked about the first week of December. We decided on Monday, November 23, 2015.
Healthy Heroes called and asked if we still had 300 students wanting Flu Mist. Rebecca made a robo-call to the 300 students (parents) and only a handful (12) had already received a Flu vaccination. The robo-call asked the parent to call if they were no longer interested. We have about 20 per school to give.
We decided to give the 300 students the Flu Mist with the perimeters that were discussed.
- Flu mist (white form) and flu shots (green form) will occur at the sites that collected forms
- The parent form(s) have been collected by the building secretaries.
- This will be Monday, November 23 (the Monday before Thanksgiving Break)
- Rebecca requested the forms from the participating school secretaries and she personally contacted those families by phone
- The nurses will wear gloves
- A physician will be present in the district as a precaution
- We will keep you informed as this moves forward
Please call me if you have any questions.